Pin It

Monday, January 9, 2012

Pesto and Lime Tilapia with Tomatoes and Bacon

As I was pondering how to fix the Tilapia I had laid out for dinner, the thought hit me.....people say bacon makes everything taste better. Well, not being a huge bacon lover to begin with, I toyed with the idea of some bacon wrapped Tilapia. Been there done that was the thought that followed. So I began looking through my refrigerator to see what I could come up with. I gathered a few ingredients, said a prayer that they would go together and got to cooking. What turned out was a great meal that I can't wait to repeat. I guess it's true in this case, bacon did make this taste great!
2 pieces Tilapia
1-2 fresh limes
Salt/Pepper
Pesto Sauce
Chopped fresh tomatoes
1 Jalapeno, chopped
4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled

Cook the bacon, crumble it and set aside. Place your tilapia into a baking dish you have sprayed with Pam. Squeeze lime over the fish. Season with salt and pepper. Spread pesto sauce over the fish. (I'm not exactly sure how much I used, but just put as much or as little as you like). Bake at 375 until fish is flaky and tender. While the fish is baking, chop your tomatoes and your jalapeno together in a small bowl. When fish is done baking, top with the tomato/jalapeno mixture and add the crumbled bacon to the top. Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment