Pin It

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cilantro Lime Rice

Do lime and cilantro make everything taste better? I think so! Well...ok, maybe not ice cream and some other things I can think of, but they sure made this rice taste fantastic. I'm a huge fan for taking a normal old side dish and "kicking it up a notch", especially without a bunch of extra work. I like the website that I got this recipe from. It's called skinnytaste.com and it's got some great low cal/low fat recipes on it. I really want to find this "Gina" girl that blogs that site and say "thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank  you" for this recipe. Other than my homemade coconut rice, I think this is my new fav!
* RECIPE NOTE: I used the juice of a whole lime for my recipe as I liked the "limier" (is that even a word? haha) taste


Cilantro Lime Rice
1 cup extra long grain rice or basmati rice
1/2 lime, juice of
2 cups water
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
3 tsp vegetable oil

In a small heavy pot,  rice, water, 1 tsp oil and salt. Follow normal cooking instructions on the bag of rice.
Meanwhile, In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice and remaining oil and toss until completely mixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment