Pin It

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Zucchini Boats

This may just be the worst picture I have ever posted on this blog lol. But trust me, these tasted great. I was in such a hurry that I didn't even wait to put it on a plate before I took this shot. Like I always say....I can cook, but I sure am not great at taking pictures. I absolutely loved these and will no doubt, make them again soon. I have tried zucchini boats a lot of different ways, but I think this one might just be my fav!
Zucchini
Olive oil
Chopped garlic
Salt/Pepper
Crushed red pepper flakes
Tomato's (sliced or chopped)
 Fresh Basil
Bread Crumbs
Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese

Cut your zucchini in half lengthwise and trim the bottoms a bit, so they are flat and can lay in a casserole dish. 
Use a spoon to drag along the length of the zucchini to remove the seeds. 
In a bowl, mix together (any amounts you would like) olive oil, chopped garlic, salt, pepper and a bit of crushed red pepper flakes (if you like your food spicy)
Use a pastry brush to brush the oil mixture onto the top of each zucchini half. Make sure your brush picks up the garlic as it will add a lot of flavor to the dish. 

Place the tomato's and the basil on top of each zucchini (into the groove that you hollowed out when you removed the seeds with your spoon). Sprinkle on the bread crumbs and bake at 350 for about 25-30 mimutes. 
Remove from the oven and put the mozzarella and the parmesan cheeses on the top. Place under the broiler for just a couple minutes until the cheese  is bubbly!

No comments:

Post a Comment