Pin It

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Frosted Creme De Menthe Brownies

This is a terrible picture of these brownies, that does not do them any justice at all. They were so much better than they look here. I made these quickly before work this morning and basically ran out of time to let the frosting cool before I had to cut them. This  is why the top looks cracked and "bumpy." But since these are so wonderful tasting, there was none left to take a picture of when I got home. So, unfortunately this is the only picture I have to post on here. It's actually a really good thing that these are no longer in my house, because I'm not sure I could have denied myself the pleasure of enjoying ANY that were left!
For the brownies: 
1 box Brownie mix
1 pkg Andes Creme De Menthe baking  chihps

Make brownie batter according to pkg directions. Stir in half of the bag (6 oz) of Andes Creme De Menthe chips.
Bake as directed on the package. While the brownies are baking, prepare the frosting.

For the frosting:
6 Tbsp butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
6 oz Andes Creme De Menthe baking chips
1 tsp vanilla

Melt butter in saucepan on stovetop. Stir in Andes baking chips, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Stir until melted and smooth. When brownies come out of the oven, let sit for 5 minutes then pour the frosting evenly onto the top of the brownies. Spread till smooth, if needed. Place in the refrigerator until the topping is firm enough to cut through. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment