Pin It

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Red Velvet Cake Batter Fudge

Would this be considered complete sabotage if I made this today to take to my fitness trainer? I think so, but I think it was my own sabatoge, because I certainly HAD to taste a bite for quality control. ;)
The fact that there are still some pieces sitting in my refrigerator right now is not boding well for me. If you listen closely, you can probably  hear it calling my name. I would have taken my trainer all of it, but I knew if I did, she would create a wicked workout for me to pay me back haha! So here I sit, exerting every bit of will power  I have to NOT go get another piece. Do you think I'll make it? I hope so, but for now, you will have to excuse me while I go to the refrigerator for a piece of fudge  healthy drink of water! :)
Recipe Source: http://chocolatechocolateandmore.com/2013/11/red-velvet-cake-batter-fudge/

Ingredients:

1 box Red Velvet cake mix 
2 cups powdered sugar
10 Tbsp butter, cut into small pieces or cubes
5 Tbsp milk
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
Edible pearls or sprinkles for decorating


Sift together cake mix and powdered sugar in a large microwaveable bowl. Add cubed butter and milk. There is no need to stir. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.

Immediately remove from the microwave and stir until it is all blended and creamy. Stir in white chocolate chips making sure they completely melted into the fudge and there are no white streaks. Press fudge into a parchment lined or lightly greased 8x8 pan. Add the edible pearls or sprinkles on top, if using, and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours or place into the freezer for 20-30 minutes to set it up quickly. When firm, cut into squares and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment