Pin It

Monday, January 6, 2014

Thai Lime Coconut Rice

I have a recipe book that is about cooking  your way around the world. I absolutely LOVE the section on Thailand. I have been making this coconut rice for years, just plain. The other day I was thinking how much I love coconut and lime together and decided to try it out on this rice. I'm so thankful I did, as it was a great combination. I also added a touch more sugar than I usually do and that was a good change also. Then I saw on Pinterest about adding all these goodies to coconut rice. So guess what I did? Yep...I added goodies. Oh my goodness, I want to eat this every day of my life! I even ate a bite cold out of the refrigerator today for leftovers. That's how good this was!!
1 can coconut milk (14 oz)
1/2 lime, juiced
1 cup water
1 cup Jasmine Rice
2 1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup honey roasted, or cocktail peanuts, chopped
1/2 cup toasted, shredded coconut

1. Turn the oven on to 350. Pour the coconut out onto a cookie sheet and make sure it's in a single layer. When oven is hot, place the cookie sheet in the oven. Set the timer for4 minutes and check to see if the coconut is golden and toasted. If it isn't, then set the timer for 1-2 minutes and check it again. Repeat this process until your coconut is toasted and golden. Remove from the oven and set aside.

2. In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, lime juice and water. Bring to a boil. Add the rice, sugar and salt. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed. This can take from 20-40 minutes.

3. Serve rice with the garnishes: Toasted coconut, cilantro, peanuts and extra lime if you wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment