Pin It

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Honey Sesame Chicken

This recipe really is a "winner winner chicken dinner." It tastes like you are eating Chinese take out food, but you actually made it yourself. It's really super easy and doesn't require a lot of time. Today this was a good thing, as I was gone the entire day, between work, running errands and going on a booty kicking 4 mile, almost all uphill walk! I felt so good afterward, but trust me when I say, I came home so hungry that I could have consumed this entire pan of chicken. You think I'm kidding? I seriously had to stop myself from going back for more and more and more. I didn't want my walk to have been for nothing! So my plan is to make this again soon and find a way to sneak some extra in without gaining 10 lbs!
Recipe Source:
http://therecipecritic.com/2013/09/baked-honey-sesame-chicken/

4 chicken breasts
1 cup cornstarch
3 eggs
salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup vegetable or canola oil

Sauce:
¾ cup honey
¾ cup soy sauce
½ cup ketchup
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp minced garlic
2 T cornstarch
Chopped green onions for garnish
Toasted sesame seeds for garnish

Heat oven to 325°. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.

In two separate bowls, place cornstarch and slightly beaten eggs. Dip chicken into cornstarch then coat in egg mixture.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned. Place the chicken in a
9 x 13 greased baking dish.

In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, minced garlic, and cornstarch. Pour over the chicken and bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir the chicken every 10 minutes or so, to coat the chicken in the sauce. *If you need to thicken up the sauce, just stir in a tsp of cornstarch at a time and cook for a couple minutes and then check to see if it's thick enough for your liking, if not then do the same process again.
Remove chicken from the oven and sprinkle sesame seeds on the top and chopped green onions. Serve plain or over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment