Pin It

Monday, January 20, 2014

Frosted Toffee Crunch Brownies

If I'm going to be honest here, I would probably tell you that if I am ever left alone with the ingredients for this frosting, I will probably just make a huge bowl of it and sit with a spoon and work my way through it. Seriously....I want to wallow in this stuff. It's so chocolatey, gooey and rich. The Heath toffee bits, gives it a bit of a crunch, which just makes it that much better. There is really nothing else to say except: Get off your butt and bake these lol. Then ship me some, because I'm seriously afraid to have these frosting ingredients laying around my house. It could be a real danger to my pant size!
For the brownies: 
1 box Brownie mix
1 pkg Heath Toffee baking bits (sold on the baking aisle by the chocolate chips in most stores)

Make brownie batter according to pkg directions. Stir in half of the bag (6 oz) of Heath baking chips.
Bake as directed on the package. While the brownies are baking, prepare the frosting.

For the frosting:
6 Tbsp butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
6 oz Heath baking chips
1 tsp vanilla

Melt butter in saucepan on stovetop. Stir in Heath baking chips, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Stir until melted and smooth. When brownies come out of the oven, let sit for 5 minutes then pour the frosting evenly onto the top of the brownies. Spread till smooth, if needed. Place in the refrigerator until the topping is firm enough to cut through. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment