Pin It

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Chocolate Popcorn

I needed to make a quick, sweet snack to pack into a gift for bosses day. The teacher I work for only eats sugary snacks on weekends. It was only Wednesday, so I knew I had to come up with something that would stay fresh longer than the typical cupcake or cookies. I found a recipe for chocolate popcorn on cooks.com and tried it out. It turned out really good, almost like a chocolate caramel popcorn.

4 qts popped corn**
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup choc chips
40 large marshmallows
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
** I used Kettle Corn that you cook in the microwave since it's all I had available in my pantry. 

Place popped corn in greased 13 X 9 inch pan. Melt the butter, choc chips and marshmallows together in a large pot. Stir till smooth. Stir in vanilla and salt. Pour over popped corn and stir. Bake at 250 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. After it's done baking, give it a good stir to "pick up" the chocolate that has settled to the bottom of the pan and coat the popcorn better. Pour out onto waxed paper and let cool. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. what is your profile picture of? strawberry pizza?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adia- I think you'll like the popcorn. It was yummy! Yes my profile picture is strawberry pizza. The recipe is on this site and oh my goodness it's YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete