Pin It

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Super Easy and Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup

Well...this is my favorite weather and my favorite time of year. It's a cold, overcast day and it makes me feel warm and cozy inside. The pumpkin scented candle flickers as it burns in the kitchen window and the smell of pumpkin wafts through the air. I sit snuggled on the couch under a blanket reading. The happiness that the Fall season brings me is nothing compared to the joy my Heavenly Father bestows upon me everyday!!
Just the fact that we as Americans not only have money to buy food, but we have the ability to make all these food choices is simply amazing. So as I sit and write this blog, I am simply humbled by the fact that God has instilled in me not only the desrire to cook and bake, but He alone has provided the means to do those things. So, on to the food part of my blog.....
Tonight I made a simple Chicken Tortilla Soup for dinner. It's so easy that anyone could do it and it provides a lot of protein. Let me know if any of you ever try it. I also would love any suggestions on how it could be made different or better!


Chicken Tortilla Soup

2 (16 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
1 Can Rotel Tomatoes
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilis
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can corn
1 can chicken broth
2-3 cooked and diced chicken breasts
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 packet Lawrys taco seasoning powder
1/2 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Powder
Grated Cheese
Tortilla Chips

Combine all ingredients except chips and cheese. Heat over a medium fire till heated through, stirring occassionaly. Pour into bowls and top with cheese and toritlla chips. The cheese should melt quickly on top of the hot soup. Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. yummy! Tortiila soup is my fav! that cream of brocoli, potato, and french onion! maybe the texturey broth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those soups!! I love this time of year when I can make them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! my mother-in-law made stew last night, so cozy <3

    ReplyDelete