Pin It

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Asian Noodle Salad

So after yesterday being fairly cold, and soup sounding wonderful, today is very warm and anything light and easy sounds wonderful for dinner. I prepared Asian Noodle Salad and now it is sitting in the refrigerator cooling off and letting all the flavors mesh together by dinner time. This is a cold asian noodle salad and it's very light and refreshing!


Ingredients:
1 lb spaghetti noodles ( I use whole wheat)
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 cup cilantro, chopped
8 green onion stalks, thinly sliced
3 fresh jalapeno peppers, diced ( you can remove the seeds, it will make it less spicy)
1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts (chopped or whole)

Cook spaghetti until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to large bowl. In a small bowl, combine: sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, salt and balsamic vinegar. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add to noodles and mix well. Add chopped cilantro, green onions and jalapenos. Mix well again. Serve with peanuts on top.

2 comments:

  1. I love cilantro!!! I think that is why I like thai and pho so much, because they bring in those extra flavors that give your pallet a break after all the spice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adia- I love cilantro too! I love Thai and I love chicken pho. See why we love each other so much ;)

    ReplyDelete