Pin It

Monday, October 11, 2010

Pie Pops

A sweet friend asked me to blog about my "Pie Pops". Five adorable young ladies came to my house a couple of months ago and I used them as my pie pop guinea pigs! I think they liked them. So here goes....

First you buy a Pillsbury All Ready Pie Crust (the kind in the deli section that you just roll out)

Next you make or buy your favorite pie filling (or you can fill it with cookie dough, homeade or store bought)

Roll out the pie dough and cut into circles using a biscuit cutter or any round object that works for you!

On half of the circles, place a small amount of your chosen filling.

 Insert a lollipop stick into the middle of each filled circle.

 Place an unfilled circle on top of each filled circle.

Use a fork or an extra lollipop stick to "flute" the edges of the pie pop. Make sure it is tightly sealed where the stick extends or else the filling will leak out.

To make the egg wash : In a bowl, whisk one egg white.

Using a pastry brush, brush the top of each pie pop with the egg wash.

Bake at 375 for approx. 10-15 min or until golden brown

Voila...here is the pie pop!!!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to do these! everytime I try to cook in the kitchen my mother-in-law takes over : / she has good intentions but I need to kick her out! she needs to take advantage of me staying here : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's make a pie pop date then! I would love to make them with you

    ReplyDelete