Pin It

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Coca Cola Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting

Tonight is Calvary Chapel's cooking club. I needed to make something I have never made before. Hhhmm..what to make?? I scoured the internet looking for recipes. I stumbled upon Coca Cola Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting. They also have a piece of homeade salted caramel on top. After spending hours in the kitchen, do I like them? Eh...they are ok. But believe it or not, I am NOT a cupcake lover. So why do I make cupcakes you ask...because I like to try to make them pretty ;)   The key word in that last sentence is TRY!! I am not sure I'll ever succeed, but I'll keep on trying. I also made a Caramel Peanut Crunch Apple Pie. Yum Yum! I'm not a pie eater either, but this one sounds good. At least tonight as I am eating this pie, I can close my eyes and pretend it's fall outside and time for apples, since it's still in the 90's and it's Mid October!
* My cooking tip: When you are making cupcakes, and you find it messy to spoon the batter into the paper cups....try putting all the batter into a gallon size ziplock bag. Cut a corner off and squeeze the batter into the cups. Not nearly as messy! Have fun!!!




1 comment:

  1. now I have to try these! you had me at coca cola ;)

    ReplyDelete