For Valentines Day, John took me to Red Lobster for a nice meal. Earlier that day I had gone online to look at the menu and decide ahead of time what I wanted to order. I stumbled onto free recipes they have on their web site and this is where these recipes came from. They were really good and I can't wait to try more of them. Their original recipes called for Salmon, but I only happened to have Tilapia in the freezer, so I just used that fish, but you can use any of your favorite fish for this recipe and I'm sure it would still taste great!
Macadamia and Coconut Crusted Tilapia
- 1/3 Cup Macadamia Nuts, chopped
- 1/3 Cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/3 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 4 each 5-6 oz Tilapia fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the Salmon fillets in a 9X13 baking dish sprayed with Nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the crust ingredients until well mixed.
- Season the Salmon with salt and pepper and top each piece of fish with an even coating of the Macadamia and Coconut Crust and bake on the middle oven rack for 15-20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Spicy Pineapple Glazed Tilapia
Spicy Pineapple Glaze Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 ea 8 oz can Crushed Pineapple in Pineapple Juice
- 1/2-1 Tsp Cajun Seasoning