Pin It

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Snowball Cookies

I haven't baked in quite awhile and since I'm on Spring Break and John really likes these cookies, I decided to make some. This is the first time I have ever added chocolate chips to this recipe though. So I made half regular snowballs, and half snowballs with chocolate chips. I guess I'll have to sample both now ;)
I know the picture isn't great. My camera is still being repaired and in the meantime it's my phone camera. If you are a fan of super light, buttery cookies, then you will definitely like these!


1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups sifted flour
2 cups finely chopped pecans
2 cups sifted powdered sugar

Mix butter and half a cup of sifted powdered sugar in mixer. Add vanilla. Add salt, flour and pecans. Blend well. Shape into small balls. Place on cookie sheets and bake at 350 degrees for4 15 minutes. Remove from pan and roll hot cookies into 2 cups sifted powdered sugar. Cool cookies, then roll them again in the powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment