Is it live or is it Memorex? Is it a plate of spaghetti or a cake?
When you read the title you were probably thinking "that's disgusting" right? Well calm down sparky, it's just a cake! ;)
This was so much fun to make and I can't wait to take it to work tomorrow! It's super easy and anyone could make this. It just takes a little time and effort. Right now just looking at it is making me very hungry for dinner, so I have to type this quickly and go make something to eat. Maybe spaghetti? haha
If anyone reading this ever decides to make this cake.....please let me know how it turns out for you!
2 tubs vanilla frosting ( I make my own..it's much better and less sweet, if you want the recipe, let me know)
2-4 drops yellow food coloring
1/2 tsp cocoa powder
1 (16 oz) bag or tub of frozen strawberries, thawed
White chocolate, for grating ( I used white chocolate chips and just chopped them finely instead of grating)
1) Make the cake batter according to the package directions.
2) Pour the batter into two 8 inch round cake pans, that have been sprayed with Pam. ( I only had one round pan, so you can make one in a round pan and one in any other kind of pan you have available.)
3) After you bake them, let them cool completely. Put the first round cake onto a nice serving platter. Take the other cake and crumble it into a large bowl. Crumble it with your fingers until it is a very fine crumble.
4) Squeeze a handful of cake crumbs into a 2 inch ball. Roll until it looks like a meatball. Roll 3 of them. Set them aside.
5) To frost the cake. Spread about 1 1/2 cups frosting smoothly onto the cake. Use a spatula to make the sides smooth.
6) Arrange the "meatballs" on top of the cake.
7) Mix the remaining frosting with the yellow food coloring and the cocoa. Transfer to a pastry bag with a small round tip or if you don't have that you can put it into a baggie and cut a small corner off and squeeze it out of the sealed baggie.
8) Pipe the colored frosting onto the cake, around the meatballs, in figure 8 patterns to look like spaghetti.
9) Puree the strawberries in a blender or food processor until smooth with only a few chunks. Spoon between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup of the strawberry puree onto the top of the meatballs and noodles to look like tomato sauce.
10) Grate white chocolate, or chop white chocolate chips and sprinkle over the cake to look like Parmesan cheese.