Pin It

Monday, August 15, 2011

Almond Tilapia

Tonight we had another dinner at our house that we both really enjoyed. It's super hot outside and so I'm desperately trying not to use my oven, but only use my stove top, so that I'm not in competition with my air conditioner. This morning before work, I laid out tilapia with no idea how I was going to cook it for dinner. After contemplating for quite awhile, I decided on some kind of nut crusted fish. So when it was time to cook it, I decided instead of making an almond "crust" for the fish, that I would just cook it with an almond topping. It turned out really good!!

3 pieces tilapia, or any fish of your choice
1 Tbsp butter, melted

3 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 cup sliced almonds2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp lime juice1/4 tsp grated ginger root
Salt/Pepper to taste


1. Salt and Pepper your fish.

2. In a small-medium skillet, melt 1 Tbsp butter with 3 Tbsp lime juice. Add the almonds and toast until golden brown. Turn the fire off or turn it to extremely low and keep the almonds in the pan. (If you turn the fire off, make sure you heat up the almonds again just as your fish is finishing up cooking)

3. In a separate skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter with 2 Tbsp lime juice and ginger. Cook the fish in the melted butter and lime juice until the fish is done. Top with almond mixture and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment