Pin It

Monday, August 15, 2011

Sake mushrooms

I know what you are probably thinking...Sake and Mushrooms??? I wasn't sure how these would turn out either. I had mushrooms, and because of our budget crunch these days, I am trying to make sure I use up everything that I buy at the grocery store instead of letting things go to waste. So I got out my mushrooms and thought about it for awhile. How could I make a different sauteed mushroom other than just butter? I would have used white wine, but we don't have any so I attempted the saute with sake. After adding the sake and butter I got even more creative. I really, really like these and I do believe that this will be the new way for me to saute any mushrooms in the future in our household. That is....until another creativity bug strikes ;)
2 tsp butter
1/8 cup sake
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp ginger1 lb mushrooms, sliced
2 green onions, sliced

In a medium- large skillet, melt butter. Add in the sake, garlic, ginger and mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms are still somewhat firm, but tender. You do not want mushy mushrooms. Add the green onions and saute just a minute more. I like my green onions to have just a bit of a crunch still. You can saute them until they are completely soft if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment