Pin It

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Orange Glazed Carrots

What a beautiful So Cal evening! It's a full moon outside. The palm trees in the yard are gently swaying with a light breeze. The shadows of the mountains just before sunset were gorgeous! The crickets are chirping outside and the whirring of the fan is a constant hum in the family room. The hubby is already drifting off to sleep after a long day working overtime. Content? Yes....very much! I was reminded tonight as I was thinking about all these things, that the very God who created all this beauty is the very same God who loves me enough to offer me eternal life! AMAZING!!! ☺
I also was thinking tonight how lucky I am to live in a country where I can go to the store and buy pretty much anything I need, to cook and create food for my family. Tonight I decided to try a new idea and see if it turned out ok. It sure did and I will definitely be making these carrots again soon. I love when I create something in my head and it turns out better than I thought it would!


 2 cups of shredded carrots
2 1/2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp Chinese five spice
Salt to taste
Zest of 1 whole orange
2 Tbsp orange juice

Cook carrots until tender. Set aside. In a skillet, melt butter and then all the rest of the ingredients and also the carrots. Cook over medium heat until carrots are glazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment