Pin It

Monday, August 29, 2011

Zucchini Pizza Slices

Pizza on zucchini slices? Yes! The fact that I had to turn on my broiler temporarily, to melt the cheese, didn't deter me from making this delicious pizza side dish tonight, even though the 106 degree temperature today made it feel as if I was living on the face of the sun!! This is super easy to make and was actually great. I wasn't sure if I was going to love it, even though I love zucchini. I am not a huge pizza fan and had to make one for me without pepperoni, as I'm definitely NOT a fan.
 *Makes 4 slices
2 Zucchini, sliced lengthwise
1 jar Pizza sauce
Mozarella cheese, grated
Pepperoni, sliced

Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Place face down in a dry skillet and roast for approximately 7 minutes. (Longer if the zucchini is super thick) After it's roasted, it should be semi soft. Place the slices, face up on a cookie sheet or broiler pan. Top with pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Place into the broiler on high for approximately 4-5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment