Pin It

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Baking. This is what an insomniac does when she wakes up at 4:00 AM. Since there seems to be nothing worthy of spending my time watching on the television that time of morning, I decided to bake. I wanted something different then I have baked in awhile, so I made gingerbread cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. They were really yummy and I'm sure nobody at work minded that I didn't sleep well last night haha! I think these cupcakes turned out pretty light and fluffy and what a great pairing of tastes with the cream cheese frosting.
Cupcakes:

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup molasses
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1 cup hot water

Cream butter and sugar together. Beat in egg and molasses. Add sifted, dry ingredients until smooth. Blend in hot water. Place batter into cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes or until done.

Frosting:

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 TBSP (1 stick) butter, softened
2 cups sifted, powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla

Mix cream cheese and butter together in mixer until thoroughly mixed together and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the sifted powdered sugar. Beat until fluffy. Add the vanilla and mix well to combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment