Pin It

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Heatlhy BBQ Chicken Sandwich

Today called for another simple meal at our household. This was so easy that it almost seems silly to post it on this blog. I'm sure everyone and their mother knows how to make a BBQ chicken sandwich, but here goes anyway......I promised friends I would keep up on this blog, so I guess that means posting even the super simple stuff I make sometimes!
Whole wheat sandwich buns
Chicken breasts (as many as you need or want)
1 bottle BBQ sauce
lettuce
tomato, sliced

Place the chicken breasts in the crockpot and put some of the BBQ sauce on them. I put just enough to cover them to start with. Let it cook until chicken is completely cooked through. Drain the liquid out of the crock pot and place the chicken in a skillet. Add as much extra BBQ sauce as you would like. Cook until the sauce is heated through. Place the chicken in a whole wheat sandwich bun and top with fresh lettuce and tomato slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment