Pin It

Monday, April 18, 2011

Patty Melt

This week has been a "time off" from my blog while I went back to re-prepare some of the meals I have made and loved. While I enjoyed doing that, I really missed cooking and trying new things. Tonight John wanted me to try something that he cooked. Not being a fan of ground beef, I went into tonight's dinner with trepidation. I have to say that for those of you that like ground beef, I'm sure you would enjoy this sandwich. Me? I love that my hubby prepared it and I love that he took the time to cook this for me, but I could only eat a couple bites of it. I just still have not learned to appreciate red meat. If it had any other meat in it, I probably would have loved it, but then it wouldn't have been a patty melt.
2 slices of rye bread
Butter
ground beef
salt/pepper to taste
diced green chilies
diced onions
pepper jack/ or american cheese

Shape ground beef into patties. Season with salt and pepper. In a skillet, saute onions with green chilies until partially caramelized. Cook ground beef until done. Place ground beef, onnion and chili mixture and cheese onto buttered slices of rye bread. Place buttered slices (butter side out) onto a hot griddle or skillet. Cook until cheese is melted and bread is grilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment