Pin It

Monday, February 20, 2012

All Inclusive Breakfast

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to take all of your breakfast ingredients and combine them all together in one little bundle? It's ok. I hadn't either. So when I saw this idea on Pinterest, I decided, like always, to expand upon it. I'm not much of a breakfast food eater. I know, I know, everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I would much rather snack on fruit or eat leftovers for breakfast.
 So you are probably asking....then why did you make this? Well, sometimes a girl (ok, ok, a not so young lady) just has to use up leftovers that are in her house. I had recently made the hubby a BLT, which I didn't eat, because once again you will probably think I'm crazy, but I really don't like bacon very much. I also had some leftover frozen hash browns that really needed to be used up, since I honestly can't remember when I have ever made hash browns. So thus began the journey towards this "all inclusive breakfast"." I sure like the ring of that title.....I just wish I were being served this while on an all inclusive vacation. Maybe soon...maybe soon.
*This was what the final product looked like.
*Or you can make some gravy from the few pieces of bacon you cooked to crumble on the top and this is what your finished product will look like. That's the beauty of this, you can add whatever you would like to suit your taste.

* Sorry my measurements won't be exact as I just threw this together and honestly never stopped to think about measuring to write it down. But really you can just throw this together yourself also.

small amount of diced sauted onions
Large handful of frozen hash browns, thawed
1/4 tsp oil
salt and pepper
grated cheddar cheese
4 eggs
2-3 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
1 tsp chopped fresh jalapeno
grated cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 425°. Grease 4 cups of a muffin tin.
In a skillet, saute onions until bite tender. Set aside. In a bowl, combine onions, hash browns, oil, salt, pepper and grated cheddar cheese. Divide this mixture into 4 equal parts and press the hash brown mixture into the greased muffin tin compartments and make a well in the center, so your mixture kind of forms a "nest". Bake this at 425° for 18 min. (Check every so often to make sure the edges are not getting too brown. If they are, cover with the pan with tin foil).
Remove from oven and turn the oven down to 350°.
Crack an egg into each "nest" and top with bacon, Italian parsley, chopped jalapeno and more grated cheddar cheese. Bake for 15 more minutes. Loosen them with a knife around the edge and serve.
*If you would like to serve them with gravy, just add enough flour to your bacon drippings to make a "paste". Add milk to thin. Season with salt and pepper and cook until you achieve the right consistency.
 **Original recipe from: http://thevillagecook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment