Pin It

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tilapia with Cucumber Mango Salsa

Ssshhhh don't tell anyone but I actually uttered the words tonight "I don't feel like cooking dinner." It's very rare to hear those words come out of my mouth since I love to cook so much. After taking my walk with my friend, I found myself not looking forward to cooking tonight. Could it be because no matter how many walks I took this week, they weren't nearly enough to wipe out all the calories consumed from the extra chocolate peanut butter rice krispy brownies (an earlier post this week) that I had eaten? Or could it be that for some reason this week, I have just been extremely tired. Yes that must be it.....menopause has absolutely nothing to do with it, I'm sure! *sigh* Anyway, I was glad I had laid out Tilapia to cook for dinner. Now what was I going to do with it? I whipped up a mango cucumber salsa for the top of it and wow....easy, super quick and tasty dinner!

 4 Tilapia fillets, seasoned with salt and pepper

For the Salsa:
1 cucumber, chopped
1 mango, chopped
1/2 a red onion, chopped
1 tsp ginger, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped and deseeded
1/8 cup red bell pepper, chopped
 2 Tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped (1/8 cup or a handful)
1/2 lime, juiced
salt, to taste

In a bowl combine all ingredients for the salsa and stir well. In a skillet, sprayed with Pam, cook Tilapia until completely cooked. This should only take a few minutes for thin Tilapia fillets. Top the fillets with the salsa and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment