Pin It

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mini Fish Tacos

I found this recipe on Pinterest and I just had to try it. I love, love, love fish tacos. So when I saw this, I thought to myself, "well, I'm sure it won't be great because it's in a won ton cup, but just try it and see." I'm so glad I tried it. It was super good! You can eat each one in two bites and actually it isn't even bad after it's not warm anymore, so I'm thinking this would make a good appetizer to set out at a party. Now that I know how easy it is to bake won ton wrappers, I just might get super creative with what to put in them for dinner or appetizers!
*Recipe from:
inspiredtaste.net

Ingredients
  • 12 wonton wrappers
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tilapia filets
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1 cup finely chopped red cabbage
  • 1 tablespoon sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon minced chipotles in adobo sauce
  • 1 lime
  • 12 fresh cilantro leaves
Method
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Lightly brush wontons with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and arrange in 12 mini cupcake cups. Bake 5-7 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
  3. Combine 1/4 teaspoon of salt, garlic powder, paprika and coriander in a small bowl then rub both sides of the fish. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the bottom of a baking sheet then place the fish on top. Bake uncovered 10-12 minutes until the fish is cooked and the flesh flakes with a fork.
  4. While the fish bakes, make the slaw. In a small bowl, combine cabbage, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, sour cream, chipotles in adobo sauce and the juice of half a lime.
  5. Assemble mini tacos by dividing the fish among 12 wonton cups then top with a spoonful of slaw, cilantro leaf and an extra spritz of lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment