Pin It

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast

I wish I could say I was actually in Paris this morning as I made and ate this breakfast. That would really have made it FRENCH toast, but alas I was standing in my kitchen in the middle of a big city, in the middle of the hottest winter ever and I was in the middle of getting ready for work!! Wow that was quite a run on sentence. I'm sure Natasha and Angie are going to speak to me tomorrow at work, regarding my improper use of the English language haha. Gotta love having English teachers as friends. Keeps me on my toes, but apparently, not this time! ;)
This breakfast was a nice change from the original French toast that we all usually eat. It had a good subtle peanut butter flavor and it was definitely a nice change of pace. The sliced bananas really made it taste great, but let's get real, what could NOT taste good with peanut butter and banana in it?


Recipe adapted from:  http://susikochenundbacken.blogspot.com

1/2 cup coconut milk ( You can use regular milk also)
3 eggs
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
8 slices French bread 
Butter
Powdered Sugar
Sliced banana

In a blender add milk, eggs, peanut butter, sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.Spray a griddle with Pam or use butter to melt onto the griddle to grease it. Dunk each slice of french bread in the milk mixture. Make sure to coat both sides. Place it on your hot griddle and cook each side until golden brown. Use your sifter to sift powdered sugar all over the top of the hot french toast. Slice fresh bananas on top to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment