Pin It

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chocolate, Caramel, Peanut Butter and Pretzel Delights

Have you ever heard the term "a moment on your lips, forever on your hips?" Well, I have, and let me tell you these didn't even last a full moment on my lips. They were so good that I pretty much swallowed them whole. So does that mean that my new saying should be " a moment in my gut, forever on my butt?" I think so! ;)
These have got to be classified as one of the easiest candies to make and one of the most delicious to eat. I love the salty and sweet combination. The pretzels help to cut down on the sweet from the chocolate. Oh and of course if you throw peanut butter into anything, that always helps!
*There is only 3 ingredients...see how simple this really is!


Individually wrapped caramels (each one makes one candy, so use as many as the amount of candy you want to make)
Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels (from the grocery store or Trader Joes...again one for each candy)
Dipping Chocolate ( I like to use the log house brand from the grocery store)

Unwrap each caramel and use a rolling pin to roll it out flat and large enough to wrap around a peanut butter filled pretzel. Place a pretzel onto each flattened caramel. Using your hands, wrap the caramel carefully, around the pretzel. Tuck and squeeze any excess caramel so it doesn't look "bumpy." Dip each wrapped pretzel into melted, dipping chocolate. Sprinkle crushed pretzel onto the outside. Let it dry on waxed paper until chocolate is firm and hardened.
* You could also sprinkle sea salt on this if you want a saltier candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment