Pin It

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownie Cups

This morning started off with the hubby having to remind me that it was Valentine's Day. Am I that unromantic? No....I just feel like this day is so over rated and commercial. We love each other everyday and show each other as often as we can by doing special things for each other. Gotta love  that after almost 29 years of marriage. So what did I make for him? I made him these brownies filled with Oreos and peanut butter. Hopefully that will not result in a heart attack as that would not be a very special Valentine gift. So maybe you can make them for  your special someone, or maybe just for your kiddos or your friends. If they like brownies, oreos and/or peanut butter, trust me they will love these!

All you need to make these  are:
1 box brownie mix, (make the batter according to package directions)
1 bag Oreo cookies
Peanut Butter

First put about 1/2- 1 tsp of peanut butter on top of 2 separate Oreos.( I tended to use the higher ratio of peanut butter because I think it helps cut the sweetness of the brownie...and oh yeah because I'm a peanut butter junkie) Then place them together like this: ( Do this with the remaining Oreos until the package is gone.)
 Then place the peanut butter covered Oreos into a cupcake liner and place into a muffin tin.
Next place 2 Tbsp of prepared brownie mix over the top of each cookie stack.

Bake at 350 for approx 18-20 min. Take out and let cool in pan.
This is what they looked like before I cut one open.

Here is the inside of the final product.

Yes I did eat this directly after this picture was taken. I am hanging my  head in shame now as I type this ;)


*Original recipe from: http://www.instructables.com/id/Oreo-and-Peanut-Butter-Brownie-Cakes/

No comments:

Post a Comment