Pin It

Monday, February 6, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup and Rice Krispy Brownies

Have you ever made a recipe that you knew was going to be so delicious, that you could start drooling just thinking about it? This was one of those recipes. I started by making the brownie batter and as I was pouring it into the pan, I was thinking, "what if I just left a HUGE spoonful of this in the bowl by mistake and had to lick it clean?" Come on....you can't honestly say you have never thought or done this yourself! Well, I fought the brownie batter demon and I put all of it in the pan. Now I had to figure out how to stop myself from licking the bowl clean. Hence the chant to myself " just put it in the sink and run water in it quickly, just put it in the sink and run water in it quickly" over and over and over! Once again...mission accomplished. I ran water into the bowl of precious scraps of brownie batter and watched it wash it all away. Boo Hoo! Later when these brownies were done and I had managed to eat 2 of them, I realized that with all the calories I had consumed, that little bit of brownie batter probably wouldn't have mattered. So next time, and oh trust me there WILL be a next time for this recipe....I will not run water in that bowl so quickly.


1 box brownie mix 
1/2 cup salted peanut, chopped
1 1/4 cups  Reese’s peanut butter cups, chopped
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
Mix brownie batter according to directions on box, and pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove and sprinkle the top with chopped peanuts and peanut butter cups, and bake for 5-6 minutes more. While they are finishing baking, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Stir in cereal. Remove brownies from the oven and evenly pour chocolate mixture over top.
Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
*original recipe from: www.howsweeteats.com

No comments:

Post a Comment