Pin It

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Andes Mint Cookie Dough Truffles

Oh my goodness, would it sound trite to say these were divine? I love chocolate and mint together. Wait who am I kidding???? I love chocolate with anything! Although these were pretty sweet, I still managed  to eat two of them. So much for my tennis playing today. I'm sure I consumed, just in these two candies alone, everything that I worked off today while playing! Was it worth it? You betcha! These pretty much melt in your mouth.  I'm sure they won't melt off my hips though, which means I start walking faster and further tomorrow on my walk.

4 ounces, cream cheese, softened 
1/2 cup butter, softened 
1 cup Brown Sugar 
1tsp vanilla extract 
1 cup Flour 
1/4 tsp salt 
1 cup Andes Mint Morsels  
12 ounces, Chocolate Candy Coating Melted 
1/2 cup Andes mint morsels for topping


In a food processor, beat cream cheese with butter. Add in sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth. Beat in flour and salt. Fold in Andes candy. Using a small scoop or spoon, place small amounts of the dough into rounds on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Place in the freezer for 15 min. Remove from the freezer and shape each ball into a nice smooth ball. Freeze the smoothed balls for approx 15-20 more minutes. Using a toothpick, or a candy fork, dip each truffle into melted chocolate candy bark. Let excess chocolate drip off the truffle. Place onto wax paper and immediately top each candy (before it dries) with the extra morsels. Let the chocolate firm up and enjoy!



*Original recipe from http://tastykitchen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment