Pin It

Friday, May 6, 2011

Caprese Salad

This post is definitely dedicated to my wonderful friend Natasha. Of all the foods I have been exposed to and tasted, this salad was definitely not one of them. She made me a Caprese salad at work the other day and I have been craving it again ever since then. It is so light and refreshing and requires so few ingredients. This is a "no cooking skills" required kind of recipe. So thank you Natasha for my new obsession ;)
Sliced tomatoes
Fresh Mozzarella cheese (the soft kind, not the hard ball kind of mozzarella)
Fresh Basil
Olive Oil
Salt/Pepper

Slice the tomatoes and place on a plate. Scoop or slice the fresh mozzarella and place on each tomato slice. Top with fresh basil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

4 comments:

  1. Looks REALLY good...and the no cooking part makes it even better! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! It's so light and refreshing Janine. Great summer day lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is one of my favorite salads. but usually I am more generous with my cheese slices lol! I. love. moz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Adia..that's all I had left, so that's as generous as it got ;)

    ReplyDelete