Pin It

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Watermelon Carving

In honor of Mother's Day tomorrow, I carved this turtle out of a watermelon to hold my fruit salad. I have never carved watermelon before and it was tedious work ,but fun!!  Now if it will just hold up and stay together in the car for the drive to my mom's house (which takes over an hour)!! If you want to learn how to do watermelon carvings, then go to www.watermelon.org and click on the word "carvings" on the right. They have a lot of super ideas for carvings for holidays and parties.


4 comments:

  1. So cute! Joni your amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Janine. This was sssoooo much fun to do. I can't wait to try a different one next time. Come over and let's do one together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh! saw it on your fb but not your site! tooooo cute! gonna show my sisterinlaws, motherinlaw haha for our "animal" themed baby shower! can you do a panda? I wanna carry you in my pocket so I can take you out and play with you when I want! Kylie and I were talking about doing a "cook at mama Joni's " workshop! call her and figure out a date that works for you both and then let me know! I'm serious. get your phone out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adia- I have no idea if I can do a panda. I would have to have a picture of a panda carved watermelon to copy. That's how I did the turtle. I will look into it. I wish I could fit in your pocket haha!! You and Kylie pick a date because you guys are a lot more busy than I am and we'll make it happen. Sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete