Pin It

Monday, May 2, 2011

Tabbouleh Salad

I love Middle Eastern food. I truly think it's one of my favorite international foods to eat. Ok, so maybe sushi truly is my favorite, but I don't think I'll be trying to prepare that at home anytime soon...... not unless Chef Morimoto shows up to teach me how ;)
So I decided to make a middle eastern salad that I have always loved the taste of. It's super easy to make and it's healthy too!I know many people are afraid to cook outside of their comfort zone, but it's good to learn how to prepare other types of foods and who knows, you just might enjoy it a the same time!!

1 cup bulgur
1 peeled and diced cucumber
1 cup Italian leaf parsley, chopped
1/2 cup mint, chopped
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and chopped 3/4 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp lemon juice
salt/pepper to taste
1/2 tsp allspice

Cook bulgur according to package directions. Mix the bulgur with all the remaining ingredients and stir together well.

2 comments:

  1. you just keep posting things that I love! My mom makes a version of this but based on the ingredients you have yours seems really different so it will be interesting to see how yours comes out cuz I have to make this. One of my all time faves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know how your mom makes this. I love trying new versions of things. I haven't ever heard of Tabbouleh being too different than this!

    ReplyDelete