Pin It

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Shrimp Pasta

This was one of those dinners that started out as one thing and turned into completely a different thing. I had every intention of cooking shrimp for dinner, but had no idea I was going to include pasta. My daughter was over today and she was hungry for pasta, so I decided to combine her pasta craving with my shrimp craving and it turned out to be a wonderful dinner. I am not really sure how to post this as a recipe, since I just kind of threw it together last minute, but I'll try!
Whole wheat spaghetti
Tomatoes, chopped
Fresh Basil, chopped
Green onions, chopped
Shrimp
1/4 cup White wine
1 tsp Butter
1 tsp chopped garlic
Salt/Pepper to taste
Fresh Broccoli
Fresh shaved Parmesan Cheese
Olive oil
*amounts are approximate, just add whatever you like and however much of it you like*

Mix the chopped tomatoes, green onion, and basil together with salt and pepper in a bowl. In a skillet with a little olive oil, cook broccoli until still crisp tender. Meanwhile, cook shrimp in a pan with the butter, garlic, white wine and salt and pepper for just a few minutes until it turns pink and is cooked through. Place a serving of pasta noodles onto your plate and top with the shrimp, tomato mixture, broccoli, salt and pepper and drizzle olive oil all  over it lightly. Serve with grated parmesan on the top.

3 comments:

  1. is that a zucchini? they serve the most amazing grilled zucchini at king's fish house! they give you tartar sauce as a companion for your fish plates and I just naturally dipped my zucchini in the sauce on my plate and it is the happiest marriage in my mouth! try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's a zucchini. I'm not too much of a tartar sauce fan, but I'd be willing to try it. I had the best macadamia crusted fish at King's Fish House. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya the tilapia I think or halibut? we get that all the time!

    ReplyDelete