Pin It

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Strawberry Spring Salad with Candied Pecans

I have posted this recipe on my blog before, but I never had a picture to go with it. So tonight when I served it, I made sure to take a picture to post on here. This is one of my all time favorite salads. The sweet, salty, cinnamon crunch to the pecans blends so wonderful with the light refreshing spring salad and strawberry drizzle over the greens. As much as I don't like the  heat of summer that's coming, I do look forward to salads like this to refresh us after a long hot day!!


1 Pkg Spring Salad Mix (from grocery store produce section)
1 Pkg frozen strawberries, thawed
16 oz pecans
2 egg whites
2 tsp cold water
2 cups sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp salt

To candy your pecans: Heat oven to 250 degrees. Beat egg whites with water until fluffy. Fold pecans into egg whites. Stire until well coated. In a bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon and salt. Fold coated pecans into sugar mixture. Place pecans on cookie sheet (try to only have one layer of them, don't stack them on top of one another). Cook for one hour. Remove from oven and place pecans on waxed paper. Break them apart to make sure they don't stick together.
To assemble salad: Place greens on your plate. Use the thawed strawberries and the juice as the salad dressing. Place a few pecans on top of the salad and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment