Pin It

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Grilled Vegetable Panini

What makes a great sandwich? Pesto, vegetables, bread and cheese!! This sandwich was so light and so filling at the same time. John and I both thought it was delicious. Definitely not a dinner for a man that will only eat steak and potato type meals, but fortunately my hubby will eat anything I serve him.

*Sorry the photo has the sandwich in the back. The picture I took with the sandwich in the front, turned out super blurry and by the time I realized it, that sandwich was already making it's way through my intestinal track! ;)
Four Cheese Sourdough Bread (or any kind you prefer. This is also good on Ciabatta bread)
Pesto Sauce ( I used home made but you can use store bought)
Eggplant
Zucchini
Yellow Squash
Red Bell Peppers (You can use green, orange or yellow or all 3 for a colorful sandwich)
Fresh Mozarella Cheese
Basil Leaves

Grill your vegetables until cooked, but not soft. Spread pesto onto the bread slices. Top one half of the bread with grilled vegetables and cheese. Place fresh basil on top. Place the other slice of bread on the top and carefully place on the panini press. Cook until cheese is melted and vegetables are hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment