Pin It

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Birthday Cake Popcorn

What do you get when you mix sweet with salty? 5 extra lbs!!! Seriously, I don't even care for popcorn and this tasted great to me. I guess the pull of sweet and salty is more than I can fight against. I fought pretty hard though and only tasted a couple of bites.  Hopefully everyone at work will eat this and I won't bring any extra home.
The original recipe is found at:http://buddingbaketress.blogspot.com/2011/05/birthday-cake-popcorn.html
 This girl is a genius baker. She has some great recipes on her site. Check it out! 
There is not very many M&M's in my version because I purposely bought a VERY small box of them so as not to tempt me to eat any if there was leftovers. It worked. There might not be as many in the popcorn, but I did not fall into temptation. You see....there IS a method to my madness haha. 


1 bag of popcorn, popped
8 ounces of white chocolate candy coating, melted
4 heaping teaspoons of yellow cake mix
Mini M&Ms
Assorted sprinkles

Pop popcorn and spread out on a paper towel, removing any kernels or burnt pieces, and place in a large bowl. Mix in mini M&Ms. 

Melt white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Stir in cake mix until smooth, then stir in about 3 teaspoons of sprinkles. Immediately pour over popcorn. Using a wooden spoon, mix the popcorn and M&Ms until completely coated. 

Pour out onto wax paper or into a wax-paper lined jelly roll pan and spread into a single layer. Sprinkle with sprinkles until festive, then let cool and harden. Break into pieces and enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. haha! I was a good girl and hardly even ate any.

    ReplyDelete