Pin It

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Parmesan Crisps

It's been a busy day and an extremely busy week all together. Just the thought that it's only Wednesday tomorrow is enough to make my head spin. So tonight as I was throwing together a quick dinner, I had the thought "what could I make as a side dish that's super easy, requires no thought at all and I have the ingredients for?" That's when I thought of Parmesan crisps. There really is no recipe as this is just cheese and salt. So if you like cheese and are looking for something super easy to cook, this just might be your answer!
These are very thin crisps. There is actually about 9 or 10 of these on this plate. Also this is a fairly small plate. These are about 3" in diameter each. You just can't tell because (like I have stated before), I am a lousy food stager and picture taker.
** Confession- There was 10 or 12, but somebody and I'm not saying who, for the sake of not incriminating myself) may have eaten 1 or 2 of them ;)
Fresh shredded Parmesan Cheese
Salt to taste

Preheat oven to 375. Spray a cookie sheet with Pam. Drop cheese onto the cookie sheet in circles. You don't want them mounded up too high or they will not crisp up. Place in oven and remove when golden brown and crispy. I can't tell you the exact time because it depends on the size of the cheese circle. Just stay close by your oven as it may only take a few minutes. Let them sit out of the oven for about a minute to finish crisping up. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment