Pin It

Monday, March 12, 2012

Chocolate Cheesecake Dip

I saw a recipe on Pinterest at (http://crumbsandchaos.blogspot.com) for "Brownie batter dip" and loved it, just by hearing the name. Now  that I have made it, I think I would call this "chocolate cheesecake dip." It is reminiscent of a chocolate cheesecake batter. If there was ever a time that I wanted to retreat to a place all by myself with a spoon and no one watching, this just might be it. But of course, I have NEVER (wink, wink) even considered that idea! This really is quite fantastic. I only had animal crackers at the house to dip in it, but clearly this could be eaten with ANYTHING dipped in it, and I mean anything. Trust me when I say anything, because even my finger dipped in it tasted great! ;)
Not that I ate my finger, haha, but if there had been much more dip on it, I just might not have stopped at licking it off my finger. All kidding aside, this would make a great dip to take to any party or pot luck. So to the girls at the crumbsandchaos website who created this dip.....my hats off to you. Good job!!

 
Original recipe can be found at: Crumbs and Chaos
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
2 to 3 cup powdered sugar
5 Tbsp flour
5 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
Beat together the cream cheese and the butter. Add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, and 1 Tbsp. of the milk until thoroughly mixed. Add the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, vanilla, and 1 more Tbsp. of the milk. Beat until smooth. Add the remaining powdered sugar and milk alternately until dip reaches a good smooth consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment