Pin It

Friday, March 23, 2012

Smore's Truffles

Since winter really never showed up in So Cal this year and it was more like a "mild summer", the closest thing I was going to get to smore's around a campfire, was to light my gas stove and stand around it with bent hangers and smore's fixins and pretend it was cold outside. That was never going to happen, so when I saw this pin on pinterest and found the recipe at http://cakedish.blogspot.com,
I thought it might be worth a try.
They definitely were! I just happened to make mine with heart shaped cookie cutters and I think they turned out really cute. I'm thinking that I just might make these for Valentines day and use the pink,strawberry flavored marshmallows. Strawberries and chocolate always go well together, so I might be onto something here!!
*My adorable hubby bought me some roses, so I added one in to the picture for some extra love to go along with the heart shaped truffles ♥

6 graham crackers
6 Hershey candy bars (plain milk chocolate)
1 cup marshmallow creme
1 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
**Milk chocolate chips (for melting to dip the candies in)

Use a coookie cutter to cut 2 hearts (or any other shape you choose) out of each graham cracker. You will have 12 cut out shaped when you are finished.. (Save the extra crumbs, you will use them for garnish on the top of your truffles)

Use the same cookie cutter to cut 2 shapes out of each Hershey bar. (Save the extra chocolate as you will it for melting to dip the candy in)

In a mixer, combine the marshmallow creme, whipping cream and vanilla until blended. Slowly add in the sugar until the mixture is stiff.

Take the marshmallow mixture and shape into a heart shape (or whatever shape you chose to use) the same size as your cut outs.

Place the graham cracker cut outs on a cookie sheet. Place the marshmallow on top of that and then top it off with chocolate. It should look like this:

Refrigerate them for about an hour.
Right before you take them out of the refrigerator, melt the extra scraps of chocolate in a bowl. Dip each truffle into the chocolate and set on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. After you dip each one sprinkle a tiny amount of graham crumbs onto the top. Finish this process with all of the candies and place in the refrigerator to harden.
** If you don't have enough scraps of chocolate to cover all your truffles ( I sure didn't) them melt some milk chocolate chips in the microwave (carefully...they burn quickly) and use those to coat the rest of the candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment