Pin It

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies

Today is my daughters wedding anniversary. I know that her and her husband like cookies, so I made these cookies for them to come home to after they go to a nice dinner. Meanwhile I will be watching my grand daughter and I'm pretty sure she and her "poppa" will be enjoying the extra ones I put away for them also. These are so easy to make and I have always been a fan of the shortbread texture of cookies.
Good thing this recipe only makes a dozen and a half. I put 12 in a little gift bag for my daughters anniversary and I saved 6 for "poppa" and my lovebug! Hopefully they will eat them up so I will not be tempted. I haven't had any yet, but the key word is YET!! I did taste one small piece that broke off of one. I swear it broke off and I did not break it lol. It was really yummy!
Recipe adapted from: http://theviewfromthegreatisland.blogspot.com


1 stick, (1/2 cup) butter, room temp
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour 
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/8 cup peanut butter chips *3/8 = 1/4 +1/8
3/8 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped, salted peanuts 
*granulated sugar for sprinkling

 Mix the butter and the peanut butter together in a mixer until mixed together.
 Mix in the vanilla.
In a bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together and add to the butter mixture.  
Mix until it forms a dough. 
Stir in the peanut butter chips, the dark chocolate chips and the peanuts. 
You can refrigerate the dough until it is more firm or if you are impatient like me you can just use it now. 
Form all the dough into a ball. Keep working it together until it's smooth. 
Place the dough on a very lightly floured work place and press it out or use a rolling pin to roll it flat. You might have to keep pressing it together if it cracks. 
Slice into rectangles or squares and bake on a  greased cookie sheet. 
Sprinkle granulated sugar over the tops of each cookie. 
Bake at 325° for about 12-14 minutes.
Let them cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment