Pin It

Friday, March 16, 2012

Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Shells

Can't you stuff anything into a pasta shell and have it taste good? I'm thinking the answer might just be yes, but then I can't imagine stuffing escargo into a pasta shell. I'm sure someone, somewhere has and they probably loved it. I think I'll just stick with the basics. I found this recipe on the Better Homes and Garden site and after tweaking it a little bit, I have decided it was pretty good. I can't say it's one of my all time favorites, but I would  make it again.



1 (12 0z) pkg jumbo pasta shells
2 red bell peppers, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 cups red onion, chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
 1 tsp chili powder
12 tsp paprika
salt/pepper to taste
2 Tbsp oil
2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
1 can refried beans with salsa
1/2 pkg Lawrys taco seasoning powder
20 oz enchilada sauce
1 pkg Mexican style four cheese blend
1 cup green onions, sliced
2 cups Nacho Dorito's crushed 
sliced olives
 
 Heat oven to 350°. Cook the pasta by the package directions. Rinse, drain and set aside. In a skillet, cook the bell peppers, onion, jalapenos, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper in hot oil for about 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in the chicken, beans, taco seasoning mix, and 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese and 1/2 cup of the green onions. In a large baking pan, sprayed with Pam, pour 1 cup of the enchilada sauce. Move the pan around to make sure the entire bottom is covered. Place the filling into the shells and place the filled shells onto the top of the sauce in the pan.Drizzle with the remaining enchilada sauce. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 min. Uncover the shells and cover with the remaining cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chips, olives and the remaining green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment