Pin It

Friday, June 29, 2012

Chili

As I'm typing this, I am thinking "Why are you even putting this recipe on this blog Joni, everyone had their own chili recipe." I had mine own too, from my mom that I had made for years. Too many years too mention as a matter of fact. So when I stumbled upon a chili recipe on the Internet that sounded good, I thought I'd give it a try. I doctored it up a little to suit my tastes, but it was really good. I actually think this will be my new "go to" chili recipe from now on. I was going to say that I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks, but then I would be referring to myself as old and as a dog. So with that being said "woof woof" ...until next time! ;)
*Sorry the pics are still horrible. My camera is still not cooperating with me!


2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained 
1 large onion, chopped 
3 large bell peppers, chopped 
2 stalks of celery, chopped 
3 large garlic cloves, chopped 
1 (15 oz) can Ranch Style Beans, don't drain
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans,don't drain 
1 (10 oz) can Rotel Tomatoes 
1 (15 oz) can stewed tomatoes
30 oz tomato sauce
1 pks Chili seasoning (use your favorite brand)
1 tsp salt
2 jalapenos, chopped (chop with the seeds if you want extra heat. If not, remove the seeds first)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder

Combine all the ingredients together in a large pot. Turn heat on high. After the chili begins to boil a little bit, turn down the fire to low. Simmer for 4 hours. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment