Pin It

Monday, June 18, 2012

Spicy Ceviche

I'm sensing a theme here. My last couple of posts have begun with the word "spicy". I guess that's what happens when all your chili peppers ripen at once in your garden. That, plus the fact that I can't get food spicy enough anymore for me. I think I must have burned a hole in my stomach that the spice goes through, because I almost don't taste it anymore. I watch people at work actually break into a sweat when they barely dip their chip into the salsa and I almost want to burst out laughing. Me? Give me the spiciest version of food and I probably won't think it's spicy. So for those of you that wouldn't want your food so spicy, just be sure to take the seeds out of the jalapenos as you make this ceviche. Try it spicy...you just might like it!


3 Tilapia Fillets, chopped into bite size pieces
1 cup lemon juice
1 cup tomatoes - diced
2 fresh jalapeno peppers, diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
4 cloves garlic, choppped
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon Franks Red Hot sauce or Tabasco sauce

In a bowl, mix together the fish and lemon juice. Place the bowl into the refrigerator for 4 hours. (No less than this...the lemon needs this long to absorb into the fish and change the texture)

After it has been in the refrigerator for 4 hours, drain off the excess lemon juice. Add the tomatoes, jalapenos, bell pepper, onion, garlic, garlic salt, cilantro and red hot sauce. Stir well. Keep in the refrigerator until serving time. Serve with tortilla chips or over shredded cabbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment