Pin It

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Zucchini, Tomatoes and Mozzarella

After arriving home from vacation yesterday afternoon, I was surprised that my sweet little neighbor that was watering my garden for me, had left all the ripe vegetables on the vines. I had told her to take anything she wanted that was ripe while we were gone, but I guess she decided not to. So needless to say, I had zucchini and tomato overload! There was a zucchini the size of Texas...yes it was that big...and tons of ripe cherry tomatoes. So after eating a lot of tomatoes, I decided to save some of them to throw together with some zucchini for dinner. I didn't cook the zucchini that was larger than most adults, but trust me, I will soon and you just wait until you see the picture of this bad boy! But I did cook up a couple smaller zucchini's and made this really tasty side dish. The hubby and I really liked it.
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
2 large zucchini, sliced
1 cup sliced onion
1 garlic clove, chopped
Italian Seasoning, to taste
Salt/Pepper, to taste
Crushed red Pepper, to taste

A handful of Cherry Tomatoes
Grated mozzarella cheese (you can use as much or as little as you prefer)
Grated (Fresh) Parmesan cheese (you can use as much or as little as you prefer)

In a skillet, heat olive oil. Add the zucchini, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.  Saute until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the tomatoes and the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Cook just until the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment