Pin It

Monday, June 18, 2012

Lemon Chicken with a Kick

I know, I know, another post with spicy ingredients. It's a problem of mine. I admit it. The first step in getting help, is admitting you have a problem, so does that mean I should go to "spicy eaters anonymous?" I think NOT! If any of you want to make this and don't like spicy food, I'm sure it would be just as good if you cut back on the amount of jalapeno, or just don't use it at all. Using lemons from my sister in laws house and jalapenos from my garden ( I wish my garlic was ready in my garden, but it's not) sure made this recipe inexpensive and home grown!

                                          *Right before putting the chicken in the oven
                        
                                          *It might not be as pretty after it's cooked, but it sure was tasty!
*This recipe is for 7 chicken breasts

Zest of 4 large lemons
Juice of 4 large lemons
4 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 jalapenos, diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
7 chicken breasts

Heat oven to 375°.
Make the marinade in a shallow dish by combining all of the ingredients except the chicken. Stir together to combine everything. Add the chicken breasts and marinate for a few hours. Bake chicken in 375° oven until cooked through. This time will vary depending on the size of your chicken breasts. I cooked these for 35-40 min and they were rather large chicken breasts. 


Recipe adapted from: http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/grilled-chile-lime-chicken-recipe/1/

No comments:

Post a Comment