Pin It

Monday, June 18, 2012

Spicy Roasted Vegetables

There are no words to explain how happy I am to be off of work for the summer. I am able to spend much more time in my garden, reading and cooking! Today I found out that our city offers a rebate program if you buy a fruit or shade tree. So off to the nursery I went. I wish I could confess that all I came home with was a fruit tree, but of course I picked up some other things while I was there. Me in a garden nursery is almost as bad as my hubby in a Lowes or Home Depot. So after we planted the new peach tree, I picked some zucchini and some jalapenos out of the garden and went inside to make some dinner. This dinner was healthy, yummy and satisfying.
 *There is  no definite amounts in this recipe because it depends how many vegetables you are making. Just use all seasonings to taste. Top with as much Parmesan as you would like

Carrots, thinly sliced or shredded  (I used shredded)
Zucchini, thinly sliced
Onion, thinly sliced
Italian Seasoning
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Salt to taste
Fresh grated Parmesan Cheese

Preheat oven to 375°.
Place thinly sliced vegetables on greased cookie sheet. Shake all seasonings onto the top of the veges. Top with fresh grated Parmesan Cheese. Bake at 375 for approximately 20-30 min, or until the veges are tender. This time will depend on how thin you slice your veges.

No comments:

Post a Comment