Pin It

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Grilled Lime Chicken Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette Dressing

It's not very often that I make the same food twice. Of course I have my lazy days, when I don't feel like being creative or following a recipe. It's on those days that I make something I have made before, so there won't be much thinking involved. Today was one of those days. Now that I'm off for summer, it's super easy to get lazy and not try anything new. I will try not to let that happen too often. So this is a re-post for those of you that have been following my blog since it's beginning days. This salad is easy to make and sounded so light and refreshing for a hot afternoon. For any new readers, I hope you enjoy this one.....for my faithful followers, this is a good one to try again!


For the chicken: 

1 lime, juiced 
1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce 
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce 
2 tsp honey 
1/4 tsp cumin 
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes 
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
3 Tbsp olive oil

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 

 FOR THE SALAD: 
1/2 head romaine lettuce lettuce 
1 cup fresh spinach, chopped 
1 cup red cabbage, chopped 
1/2 cup carrots, shredded 
1/4 cup canned or fresh corn 
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced 
1/4 of a red onion, sliced


In a medium bowl, add all the "for the chicken" ingredients except the chicken. Stir or whisk together. Cut the chicken into strips. Place the chicken in the marinade for 30 minutes to an hour. After chicken has marinated, grill the chicken until cooked through. (Make sure you throw away any marinade you didn't use. You do NOT want food poisoning....trust me on this one) Put the grilled chicken on a plate and let it rest while you make the salad.

For the salad:
Chop the lettuce, spinach, cabbage and place on a large plate. Top with the carrots, corn, bell pepper and red onion. Lay the grilled chicken on the top and serve with lime vinaigrette dressing. (Recipe below)


For the Dressing:
3 fresh limes, juiced
1/4 c. white wine vinegar
4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
3 large basil leaves
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
1 c. olive oil
1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped

In a blender, combine all dressing ingredients and blend until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment