Pin It

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Zucchini and Tomato Pasta with Lemon Cream Sauce

Last night I made a great dinner. I took a bunch of pictures, only to figure out that something is wrong with my camera and all the pictures were dark and blurry. None of them even showed how wonderful the meal looked. Unfortunately I didn't figure all this out until after the food was gone. Oops! Since I had some leftover cooked linguini from last night's meal, I decided that for lunch today I would make another meal like last night's, only I didn't have all the right ingredients. So I had to get creative. I'm glad I did because it actually worked well. The link to the original recipe  can be found here: Linguini with Garlic and Mushrooms.

8 oz linguini
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 large zucchini, cut into bite sized pieces
2 leeks, diced
2 garlic cloves, diced
15-20 cherry tomatoes
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup half and half (you can use regular cream also)
Salt/Pepper to taste

1 tsp cornstarch
Fresh oregano, chopped
Fresh Parmesan Cheese

Chop all the vegetables. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguini and cook for 10 minutes. While the linguini is cooking, heat the tsp of olive oil in a large skillet. When the olive oil is hot, add the zucchini and leeks. Cook until tender, but still firm. Add the tomatoes and garlic. Cook for another couple of minutes. Add the lemon juice and the cream. Stir well. Add salt and pepper and stir again. Heat through. In a small bowl, put the cornstarch along with a little bit of juice from the zucchini skillet and stir together. Add this cornstarch mixture to the skillet to thicken the lemon/cream mixture. Serve the zucchini and sauce mixture over the hot linguini. Top with fresh oregano and Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment